License & Inspections
Delaware County, PA
Do I Need A Permit?
PERMITS ISSUED BY THE CODE ENFORCEMENT DEPARTMENT
ARE REQUIRED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- New or re-roof installations
- Driveway extensions, exclusive of overlays for residential properties only
- New installation or replacement of steps, stoops, patios and decks
- Replacement of windows and doors, provided that the framing of the windows or doors is rebuilt or altered.
- Interior renovations or remodels
- The erection of additions to a building
- Repairs to structural elements of buildings and structures
- The erection of fences or walls
- The installation of above or in-ground pools
- The erection of detached garages or tool sheds
- Replacement or new installation of all waste lines (drains).
- Installation of domestic water heaters
- Installation of sump pumps & basement water proofing systems
- Replacements or new installation of heating boilers, air-conditioning and furnaces
- Any major heating or plumbing repairs
- Any ductwork installation
- All underground plumbing
- All electrical work
- Any work on shade trees within or that extend into the public right of way
While the above listing is basically comprehensive, it is not necessarily all-inclusive. If you have any specific question, contact the License and Inspections Department at 610-544-1300.
Upon completion you can request your Certificate of use to be faxed
or emailed to you in addition to mailing or picking up.
For general questions in regards to required building permits, complaints, property history, or other information, please direct your email to
L.& I. Administrative Assistant
Ida BinniPermit Clerk